Below is a portion of our Winter Weather Policy as it relates to the Library's hours and programming schedule. It is suggested that when in doubt call the library before traveling.
Chester Public Library's Inclement Weather Policy
1. No fines will be assessed for library materials on a day the library is closed, has a delayed opening, or closes early.
2. If the Chester Union Free School District is on a two hour delay, the library will delay opening until 11:00 am.
3. If the Chester Union Free School District closes, the library will delay as stated above. The decision as to a further delay or remain closed will be made by 10:00 am.
4. Should a delay or closing be required when the school is not in session, the Director will make the appropriate decision after consulting with the Highway Department Supervisor.
4. The Library may close early during the day or evening when the weather is inclement. A decision will be made by the Director or the librarian in charge after consulting with the Director. This will not follow the determination of the school district.
5. A message will be on our phone system indicating a delayed opening or closure, as well as on the library’s website.